Monday 4 February 2013

How do we get to the EXCEL Center??


I had a dream which I wanted to share: I was given a choice between my 5 year old daughter and myself getting us to the Excel center. Of course I did not choose my 5 year old daughter, except well if I did not really want to get to the Excel center.

The Lord has been speaking to me a lot lately using this type - a young daughter.

The Lord helped me to understand that it is just as pointless in life taking over the issues of life instead of letting and trusting Him, that would be the same as choosing a five year old girl to lead me to a destination over myself - an adult who knows where the Excel center is and understands that I need the DLR train or a car or bus to get there, not a plastic scooter, helicopter or fairy wings :))

He let me see the disparity between my point of view and His. Mostly He wanted me to be aware of His competence, He came to reassure, to give understanding and clarity of vision.

For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

It is not that the Lord needs to stamp and roar, it is basically a statement of the fact. It is a statement sent to give perspective. JESUS said learn of Me for I am meek and lowly in heart so I know my Lord enough to understand that He wasn't trying to stamp and roar but that rather He was pointing me to a basic truth using an example that I could understand. He knew that if I could get hold of this truth, the picture of life would be clearer.

I believe God wants somebody out there reading this to understand this truth: God's wisdom is as far removed from yours as much as a five year old's in getting you to the Excel center in comparison to yours and as high as the heavens to the earth.

God does not do things randomly, he does them because He is wise and has an understanding which we don't have.

It is a simple analogy but the Lord was very clear - I didn't just dream of having to make the choice, He clearly told me: well, this is the difference between me and You - it is that simple.

Selah - pause and think about it.

No comments: